Thursday, June 28, 2012

Creating an embellished cuff



Goodness, but it was a lot more labor intensive than I thought. 
 I started out by wrapping a metal cuff base in two layers of cream wool felt. I sewed the felt closed on the top and started decorating in the middle adding on the large glass cameo set in a metal finding. For extra stability I decided to sew everything I could on the wool felt using jewelry floss.   I do not regret sewing on the embellishments, but boy oh boy ,it took forever to get everything in place.   I used a light glue to hold the Rhine stone chains in place as I determined their lay out and then sewed them on as well. From there I added a few items such as a mother of pearl dove pin and vintage earrings.  Last I filled in all the blank areas with medium and small pearls topped with ab crystals.    I believe it turned out lovely but I don't think I want to do it again anytime soon.  
 Let me know what you think and any hints on how to make the next one a bit less labor intense


No comments:

Post a Comment